A staple of almost every party, devilled eggs can be an easy to make side dish or even an appetizer. This is a very simple recipe but I have been told on more than one occasion that they are the best devilled eggs people have tasted.
- One dozen eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip
- Boil the eggs until they are hard, usually about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Remove the eggshells and set aside until they are cool.
- Slice the egg in half lengthwise so you are left with two shallow ovals. I like to use a serrated knife for doing this so the egg white has a wavy look to it.
- Pop out the egg yolk carefully into a medium sized mixing bowl. Many times an egg white will tear in this process but I just toss out the white and keep the yolk since it allows for a bit more yolk to pile into the left over whites at the end. Set the whites aside.
- With a fork, smash up the egg yolks.
- Add the Miracle Whip. Do this gradually and taste until you get the desired taste. The consistency of the devilled eggs should be moist and should be pale yellow. You don’t have to use the full amount of miracle whip.
- Add the salt and pepper and then mix.
- Spoon the egg yolk mixture back into the eggshell whites. You can put it into an icing bag and pipe it into the yolks but you don’t need to.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Do you have a party recipe