Here is the classic and very popular baby shower memory game. It is a very simple to play, yet also fun. Place baby items in a large box or tray and cover with a baby blanket on top for when you first bring it out to show the guests. Choose both small and large items, including a good variety.
Here are some examples:
- diaper pins
- teething ring
- baby washcloth
- hooded towel
- nursing pads
- stuffed animal
- night light
- extra bulbs
- travel pack of wipes
- diaper rash cream
- teething gel
- nail clippers
- travel size baby powder
- travel size baby shampoo
- travel size baby lotion
- parenting book
- disposable camera
- small photo album
1. Provide at least 20 items and arrange them so each one can be clearly seen.
2. Gather your guests into a large circle.
3. Give each person a piece of paper, pencil, and something hard to write on such as a pad or book.
4. Place the box or tray in the center of the room where everyone has a clear view.
5. Allow the participants to look over the box for two minutes. They are not allowed to make any notes.
6. When time is up, cover with a baby blanket and have everyone write down as many items as he or she can remember. Allow as much time as you wish for your guests to complete their lists.
* The person who writes down the most correct items wins a prize, and the box filled with baby items as well as the blanket, is given to the guest of honor.
Instead of the box or tray, fill a pillowcase with the baby items. Pass the bag around to each guest and give them 30 seconds to feel what is in the bag. Then, they should write down everything they think they felt in the bag.
Clip ten images of baby items out of magazines or catalogues and glue or tape them to a piece of cardstock. Give each guest a pencil or pen and a piece of paper. Pass the sheet of images around the room, making sure each guest has a chance to view it. Take the sheet of images from the guests and ask them to write what items they saw on the paper. The guest who gets the most items correct wins. Examples of images: mobile, baby clothing, rocking horse, stroller, rubber duck, pacifier etc.