Use the following phrases to make up a game. Have the guests write the answer to the phrase opposite it:
1. Young shepherdess who looses something.
2. A girl that took her pet to school.
3. Little boy who sleeps in unusual places.
4. An animal that has gifts for the master, dame and a little boy.
5. Child who steals swine.
6. An old lady with a lot of children.
7. Someone who had a wife he couldn’t keep.
8. Birds who sang in an unusual place.
9. The old woman who couldn’t find anything for her canine to eat.
10. He kissed girls.
11. He was a merry old soul
12. They’re made of snakes and snails and puppy dog’s tails.
13. They’re made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
14. He lives on Drury Lane.
15. He gets up when babies go to bed.
These are the answers to the above phrases.
1. Little Bo Peep
2. Mary Had a Little Lamb
3. Little Boy Blue
4. Baa Baa Black Sheep
5. Tom, Tom the Piper’s Son
6. There Was an Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe
7. Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater
8. Sing a Song of Sixpence
9. Old Mother Hubbard
10. Georgie Porgie
11. Old King Cole
12. Little Boys
13. Little Girls
14. The Muffin Man
15. The Man in the Moon
Some people will be able to answer a few of these immediately and others won’t remember the details. This is a great way to remind your guests of the rhymes of their childhood. Set an egg timer for five minutes when the game begins. When the timer goes off, read the answers. The guest with the most correct answer gets a prize. This could be a pie to represent the Sing a Song of Sixpence rhyme or a white, stuffed goose to represent Mother Goose.
Do you have an addition to this baby shower game or a new game to add to our site? Email it!
All rights reserved. May not be reproduced.
Baby Shower Resources: Shower Invitations and Personalized Napkins for your baby shower coming soon.